Discovery Networks International is the world's #1 nonfiction media company reaching more than 1.5 billion cumulative subscribers in 210 countries and territories. Discovery is dedicated to satisfying curiosity through 130-plus worldwide television networks, led by Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet and Eurosport, the leading panregional sports entertainment destination across Europe and Asia-Pacific.
As Discovery Inc's portfolio continues to grow - around the world and across platforms - the Global Technology & Operations team is building media technology and IT systems that meet the world class standard for which Discovery is known. GT&O builds, implements and maintains the business systems and technology that are critical for delivering Discovery's products, while articulating the long-term technology strategy that will enable Discovery's growing pay-tv, digital terrestrial, free-to-air and online services to reach more audiences on more platforms.
From Amsterdam to Singapore and from satellite and broadcast operations to SAP, we are driving Discovery forward on the leading edge of technology.
Reporting to a Duty Operations Manager, this position is critical in to monitoring and supporting Discovery's Global Digital platforms and video feeds. Resources supporting this role are our Tier 1/Tier 2 behind-the-scenes operations support team expected to have a versatile skill set both technically and personally with the ability to stay focused and continually develop as an experienced and skilled technician. Analysts in this role will to have experience in leading difficult situations, staying calm, reacting quickly under pressure and being able to execute on the key responsibilities noted below.
Highlights of the role
The position is a shift-based role working as part of a unified "virtual" team that will consist of members from multiple disciplines (Distribution Operations Network Operations, Enterprise Platform Operations, Digital Platform Support Operations and Security Operations) to form a dynamic technology focused team capable of providing monitoring all Discovery linear and non-linear output as well as supporting IT infrastructure. The support operation also leads Discovery's response to all incidents within our infrastructure.
Role responsibilities for the Digital Platform Support Operations Analyst, part of team of up to 20 people in either our London, Sterling or Krakow center. This is Discovery's primary line of defense in supporting Discovery's platform infrastructure and 50 offices and productions centers globally.
Post holders will be expected to work shifts including weekends and night shifts.
The team execute our IT Event, Incident and Request Management processes at Discovery to ensure a culture of excellence and consistent service and supporting Discovery's best in class platform infrastructure.
The centers are also the point of contact and owners for an IT Major Incident Incidents and as an Analyst are responsible for initiating IT Major Incident process and procedures in our Platform Infrastructure.
- Monitor Discovery's digital platforms and video streams in real-time
- Responsible for coordinating technical support of all digital playout
- Acts as primary point of contact for all reported digital playout issues.
- Outage vetting - initiating of critical outage situations
- Severity 1, 2, and 3 outage notifications/updates/resolutions for digital
- Working experience of AWS operations
- Implement, or assist with implementation of, changes to digital production and infrastructure
- Perform & coordinate escalation resolution of incidents to Discovery's vendors
- Provide oversight to the Release Management process in monitoring and updating the status of releases
- Partner with Digital staff to ensure success of daily Digital operations
- Provide support for server patching/change management
- Provide support for other Technology Operations duties
- Provide a seamless and professional experience in supporting remote and regional business areas
- Monitor Discovery's production network in realtime
- Identify, adjust, and help establish new monitors and metrics needs
- Be available for on-call/after hours to support critical outage situations requiring multiple streams of technical lead support
- Uphold professional ticket management from the get-go for the benefit of the rest of the global support teams by ensuring all ticket types are logged, work logs comprehensively updated and then carefully manage routing to ensure resolution
- Maintain on-going communication with customers, keeping them up-to-date with the progress of their tickets
- Serve as a liaison between other support teams and the customer as required by working collaboratively across all leadership levels
- Provide support to the Duty Operations Manager in the management of outages as needed, providing communications to small and large-scale user groups.
- Be proactive and ensure constant follow up with involved technology teams to ensure resolution
- Ability to embrace and support new technologies introduced first hand to Digital & IT
- Experience with ITIL principals
- Keep Knowledge Base(s) up-to-date
- Previous experience working in digital technical operations or media operations environment
- Experience of monitoring and supporting digital platforms including 1st and 2nd line support duties, troubleshooting complex issues across multiple systems and services.
- Working experience in handling HD and SD video feeds
- Education - Preferred Bachelor's degree in Digital Media, Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow MS Word, Excel or similar computer software systems.
- Working experience of cloud environments particularly AWS or Azure
- Must be able to work independently and prioritize workload to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Able to work without supervision, combining initiative with discretion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a friendly disposition
- Able to communicate technical matters to technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexibility to work early morning, evening, weekend, and overnight shift
- ServiceNow or similar Call Management application experience
- Understand and be able to work with monitoring systems and related technologies
- Must be able to independently research, troubleshoot, and resolve trouble tickets within established Service Level Agreements
- Ability to provide Total Call Ownership to include handling customers, escalating issues as appropriate and providing the necessary follow up before incidents are closed
- Ability to define & document support procedures as required
- Ability to maintain focus in a high-pressure environment. Should thrive in a fast-paced environment, being able to meet short deadlines.
Apply for Job