We have an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing HR team as a business partner to our Client Solutions and Events teams in a London based role with a global remit.
The Economist Group is the leading source of analysis on international business and world affairs. We deliver our information through a range of formats, from the newspaper to conferences, business information and electronic services. What ties us together is the objectivity of our opinion, the originality of our insight and our advocacy of economic and political freedom around the world.
The Economist Client Solutions Business brings together print and digital advertising, content solutions, thought leadership, consulting and specialist agency brands to deliver bespoke client solutions that leverage the Economist and EIU expertise, reach and brands. The Economist Events Business delivers sponsorship-led large scale events, conferences and custom events leveraging Economist content and brand.
In this role you'll be part of a wider business partnering team within the Economist Group HR function and have the opportunity to get involved in group wide HR initiatives and projects.
As HR Business Partner for Events and Client Solutions, you will support the Client Solutions and Events Leadership teams and the wider business to build their people capability, plan and manage talent and develop strategic interventions.
How you will contribute
• You will be a trusted adviser to the Client Solutions and Events leadership teams as well as colleagues at all levels
• Develop a strong understanding of the vision, purpose and challenges of Client Solutions and Events
o Understand how these align with Economist Group business and HR strategies and consider how to effectively implement them within Client Solutions and Events
• Support the Client Solutions and Events leadership teams with talent management and development, change management, compensation planning, learning and development, diversity and inclusion, and engagement in partnership with functional experts within the HR team
• Coach and influence managers to address and resolve a wide range of employee relations issues, providing effective and thoughtful feedback to help develop leadership capability
• Use data, particularly in relation to diversity, turnover and employee engagement to develop solutions to challenges and drive change
• Work collaboratively with the wider HR team to ensure Economist Group HR policies and practices are implemented effectively within Client Solutions and Events
• Play a key role in group wide HR projects, including those relating to employee engagement
• Coach and mentor more junior members of the HR team
The ideal skills for this role include:
• A strong HR Generalist background, with BP experience
• Experience of working within a matrix structure
• Experience within a media or marketing organisation is ideal, as is experience working with Technology teams
• You have experience of working in a global environment, with knowledge of international employment and/or immigration law an advantage
• You are commercially minded, inclusive and supportive and are able to coach managers to be the same
• You enjoy working with a diverse range of personalities and cultures at all levels and are able to adapt your approach to develop strong partnerships with all stakeholders
• You have the ability to problem solve and find solutions to move things forward in complex and ambiguous situations
• You have good judgement and the ability to influence others, including at a senior level
• You have excellent communication and consulting skills and the ability to gain support for people plans and initiatives
• You take a client-centered approach to your work
We are currently working from home but it is expected that in this role you'll be able to work from home 2 to 3 days per week. We are happy to discuss other flexible working arrangements.
The Economist is committed to providing reasonable adjustments and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email:
The Economist Group values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation , age or marital status.
Apply for Job