We are currently recruiting for an experienced External Affairs Manager, this is a great opportunity at Peabody, who help people make the most of their lives. We're looking for a talented communicator to join our External Affairs team, helping to shape how we communicate through the media and through a range of other channels. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis in return for a competitive salary of £42,000 - £45,000 per annum.
The External Affairs Manager will help to provide a comprehensive media relations and corporate affairs service to the organisation.
The role will support the head of external affairs in managing Peabody's press office, responding to media enquiries, and producing a proactive pipeline of news stories. It will also involve engaging with internal and external stakeholders, communicating Peabody's activities and policy positions through briefings, newsletters and events, and creating social media content. Excellent writing skills and an ability to report on the communication team's impact will be essential.
Responsibilities of our External Affairs Manager will include:
- Gathering potential media stories across our business priorities, through working with local area managers and others
- Respond to reactive media enquiries, working with teams across the business to fully understand our position and agree an appropriate response
- Identify potential issues and take mitigating action to address them
- Ensure that all media calls and responses are logged and shared with the team
- Create and maintain a stakeholder map, and track engagement with a focus on key boroughs
- Provide counsel and briefings to internal stakeholders on political engagement, supporting in the development of messaging
- Produce high quality written materials, including briefings, comment pieces, speeches and presentations, working closely with the research and policy teams
- Work closely with teams from across the organisation to help deliver Peabody's annual report
- Lead on impact measurement, developing metrics and regular reporting on media and stakeholder engagement activity
What we're looking for in our External Affairs Manager:
- Experience of proactive and reactive media relations
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong understanding of the political landscape in London
- Experience of stakeholder mapping and management
- Positive attitude and ability to build relationships at all levels.
- Diplomatic, and able to influence at a strategic level
- Strong focus on measurement, and demonstrating impact of corporate and external affairs activities
Closing date: 18th November 2020
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our External Affairs Manager, please click 'apply' now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST
Apply for Job