Training towards a Mounter Proofer Operative, to gain skills required and to practice these skills under supervision to a level of competence, to then continue developing mounter and plate problem-solving skills working with minimum supervision until being able to undertake mounter and plate problem solving skills working without supervision. To be able to highlight potential problems, conversant with departmental method statements and risk assessments. Knowledge and understanding of health and safety in all aspects of mounter proofing.
- Locate and efficient use of materials within the production department.
- Knowledge of machinery used within the production department.
- Work within the guidelines of health & safety, i.e. solvents/lifting equipment/DSE/knife safety/compressed air and to be conversant with the method statements and risk assessments.
- To clearly follow work instruction documentation, to ensure production meets efficiencies and throughputs to the requires standards i.e. job cards/lay sheets /programme.
- Follow department procedures for plate care/storage and understand plate manufacture and report any quality problems to the management team
- To demonstrate skills required to perform basic tasks -lay tape /plate care/sleeve care.
- To demonstrate the ability to mount a sample job to the required standard - but not within specific time constraints, To develop this ability to be able to mount work to the required standard and in time constraints
- To complete all required production documentation accurately
- To deal with problems quickly and efficiently seeking advice where necessary.
- To be able to highlight potential problems to manager/supervisor
- To demonstrate level of productivity /competence reflected by grading
- To carry out quality checks
- To be able to understand the programme and prioritise work order
- To accurately operate all aspects of the PRISM computer system
- Conversant with method statements and risk assessments
- Assist in the handovers at the start and end of shift
- Ensure your working area is kept clean and tidy at all times
- Work as part of a team, supporting colleagues and sharing information.
- To be flexible in undertaking duties and responsibilities, may be asked to perform other duties which reasonably correspond to the general character of the position and are commensurate with its level of responsibility
Key Performance Indicators/ Key decisions
Ensuring work is produced in a timely and safe manner.
Accurate production of orders to specification and written instructions
Accurate operation of the PRISM system
Accurate recording of production onto the quality documents
Positive attitude and actively helps promote company ideas
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Team player able to see their contribution to the overall service including KPI targets.
Able to work under supervision
A person who can challenge in a supportive manner and work constructively with all functions of the business.
Highly motivated, able to work on own initiative and show pride in their work.
Good timekeeping, flexible when required.
Willing to commit to a program of continuous improvement.
Accurate and good attention to detail
Numerate and understanding of production efficiencies
Competencies - The behaviors that must be demonstrated in the job.
Can do - Personal initiative and the encouragement of others - Determination - Enthusiasm
Team Work - Valuing others - Communication, ethics and integrity
Innovation - Able to meet new challenges
Efficiency - Achieving efficiency - Delivering value - Right first time
Quality/Hygiene/Safety - We are all responsible for quality, hygiene and safety
Job Knowledge/Technical Knowledge - Performs tasks with care, is thorough Aptitude for machinery operation
Food safety awareness
Dealing with customers - internal and external
Demonstrated knowledge of company, job skills, equipment and procedures and works to develop additional technical knowledge and skills
Self-development and takes responsibility for own behavior and work
Drive to get the job done, works enthusiastically and tenaciously to achieve goals
Responds positively to change, embracing and using new practices or values
Thinking things through and identifying solutions, analyses issues and breaks them down into their component parts. Makes systematic and rational judgements based on relevant information.
Knowing the business, understands the business context
Working to high standards, understands, maintains and promotes high standards. Demonstrates continuous improvement
Working with others, encourages team working. Works productively with others across the business, understanding the roles of different areas, and developing good relationships.
Understands the internal and external customer and provides excellent customer service
To comply with all Hygiene and Quality procedures and practices to ensure that company standards are met and surpassed.
To work within government and company Equal Opportunities Policy and practices and report any deviations.
To work within Government and Company Health & Safety policies and practices to report any hazards or incidences...... click apply for full job details
Apply for Job