Our client, an industry leading company based in the Sunderland area, are seeking to immediately appoint a talented and experienced editor to join their team on a permanent basis. The successful applicant will be joining a well-established and secure company and will develop and nurture their own professional skillset. The role is ideally located for those who drive and has good access to public transport links.
• Ensure performance is effectively managed and issues are addressed in a timely and appropriate manner
• Set and provide clear direction on company aims and objectives, leading by example.
• Take responsibility for ensuring compliance with all standards within the team.
• Develop people with the right skills, knowledge, attitudes, and behaviours to operate to their full potential.
• Engage employees through involvement and communication.
• Support employees' health and wellbeing and maintenance of a good work-life balance.
• Drive productivity by directing and guiding the work of others within the team and across functions.
• Recognise and value individual's contribution to the success of the business.
• Create, implement, and maintain effective resource management models and systems including editorial schedule.
• Develop ambitious content are aligned to company strategy and resonate with various audiences, including businesses and partners.
• Oversee production of content, campaigns and marketing materials including art layout, design, animation, visual and audio media, typesetting, layout, and pagination, copy writing.
• Manage and lead our brand (both internally and externally).
• Ensure we create content that will build our audience to drive traffic, engagement, leads, that convert to deliver sales and customer retention.
• Collaborate across functions to deliver an effective content strategy are developed including detailed editorial plans and schedules that meet the business objectives within agreed budgets.
• Channel management of digital content utilising best practices.
• Act as commissioner of services, ensuring briefs are clear, documented and any procurement is undertaken in line with the Group's policies.
• Develop contacts and networks, build relationships with appropriate contributors and free lancers.
• Research and analyse the content environment to ensure the company remain market leading, cascading best practice and insight.
• Agree a balanced scorecard of Critical Success Factors, measures, and targets.
• Ensure editorial quality assurance, so content is consistent with brand voice, style, and tone.
• Take pre-emptive/corrective action as appropriate.
• To gather, analyse and present structured management information for use by the Management Team and external stakeholders in planning.
• Ensure compliance on all editorial and manage branding guidelines.
• Attention to detail, methodical approach to quality assuring editorial copy, brand, and tone . Leadership of an editorial/content team (including digital, not just traditional publishing)
• Has produced creative and innovative media
• Experience with creating compelling messages for different target demographics
• Expertise in all major business software applications (Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office etc.)
• Experience creating content for the web and growing a social audience
• Project management skills and understanding how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment and focus on the delivery of results in the form of engagement, leads and sales
• Fluency in web analytics tools (Adobe Omniture, Google Analytics), social media marketing applications (HootSuite, Tweetdeck, etc...... click apply for full job details
Apply for Job