Reach plc are looking for a creative copywriter that will write clear and concise copy across the Reach family of brands. You will be supporting the Brand manager (as well as the wider customer team), on the implementation of brand strategy by infusing our tone of voice through a variety of customer, reader and employee touchpoints.
The successful candidate will report directly to our Brand Manager across our Market Insight and Brand Strategy Team, which is part of our Customer Team.
So, who are we?
You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
- Write clear and concise copy that is born out of the brand strategy
- Interpret copy writing briefs to understand project requirements
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the Reach family on a variety of copy writing briefs & different outputs, i.e. from website banner, online ad & social copy to internal brand guidelines & HR policy
- Edit and proofread copy as needed
- Together with the Brand manager, act as the tone of voice brand champion across the business and look for opportunities to drive improvement
- Use SEO principles to maximise copy reach
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who has proven experience as a copywriter or related role previously. Ideally, you will also have a strong understanding of Media knowledge and our industry market.
You will be an excellent writer, with a creative flair, whilst also being a strong editor/ proofreader with great attention to detail.
You will be confident in your knowledge of brand strategy and the role brand messaging plays within this, whilst also having a strong understanding of digital content strategy and creation.
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- and lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation...... click apply for full job details
Apply for Job