We have a great opportunity to join our team in the South West to provide expert advice and support to our places on community and participation.
What you'll be doing
You'll be accountable for providing consultancy support for Community Engagement and Participation across a wide range of properties in the South West. Working as part of a team you will support local teams to develop mutually beneficial relationships with local communities and partnership organisations. You will play a key role in supporting the South West's priority projects.
Providing consultancy to our property teams you will help create high quality, exciting and meaningful opportunities for a diverse range of people to make a difference for our cause.
Who we're looking for
- Excellent understanding of innovation in community and engagement and different approaches to participation.
- Understanding of social trends, different audience motivations and the external context impacting on community and stakeholder engagement and participation.
- Good understanding of best practice and approaches in inclusion.
- Good knowledge of relevant legislation legislative requirements to the role including safeguarding access and legal distinctiveness for volunteering.
- Good understanding of good practice in volunteering and volunteer management
- Excellent understanding of requirements of lottery funders around engagement and audience development
- Practical experience of working in a volunteering role or managing those who do
- Good partnership working skills to work collaboratively with a range of external and internal stakeholders
- Good coaching facilitation and training skills presentation skills
- Excellent understanding of models and techniques to support community and stakeholder engagement partnership working and participatory approaches
- Experience in consulting on and delivering different approaches to community involvement, managing complex stakeholder relationships and partnership working.
- Working collaboratively with and alongside different groups stakeholders, teams to try new approaches and deliver agreed outcomes
Apply for Job