As People Business Partner (Volunteering & Community) you'll be focused on raising the capability and confidence of our General Managers, Property Leadership Teams and Volunteer Managers to manage and lead volunteers and develop and deliver our community plans.
We plan to assess virtually for this role on Wednesday 30th June and Thursday 1st July.
This is a fixed term contract due to end when the previous employee returns from maternity leave. At this point we cannot confirm exactly how long this contract will last, but it is unlikely to be more than 12 months.
What you'll be doing
You'll be partnering with senior clients to support them in building their approaches to volunteering, community relationships and inclusion. You'll do this by providing advice, training & coaching as needed at our Properties and across the South West region. You'll be working closely with clients to identify and prioritise the support you provide and will ensure solutions are developed with inclusion in mind. You'll be using your experience in stakeholder management and effective partnering to build trust and will develop capability & confidence through planned training and development activity.
Who we're looking for
- An excellent understanding of good practice in volunteering and volunteer management, tools and techniques to support community and stakeholder engagement
- Experience of partnership working and participatory approaches, along with experience of innovation in volunteering and different approaches to participation
- Substantial experience of successfully developing and implementing new products and approaches to volunteering
- Understanding of social trends, different audience motivations and the external context impacting on volunteering and community relationships
- Strong knowledge of the relevant legislative requirements relating to the role including safeguarding, access and legal distinctiveness of volunteering
- Strong demonstrable experience of coaching, facilitation and training skills, along with listening, building trust and the ability to deliver a high quality service
Apply for Job