A vacancy has arisen for a creative individual to join our Lampshade department producing beautiful handmade lampshades to the highest standard.
What you'll do:
You will produce our lampshades from start to finish to include cutting the patterns, laminating and making the lampshade, within the lampshade production schedule, ensuring the quality and integrity of the brand is maintained. You will also assist with stock takes, wrapping and packing the lampshades and deliveries. You will support the daily housekeeping of the department and your individual workspace ensuring a safe and enjoyable working environment.
You will be proactive in your development; learning and perfecting new skills and will assist with the training of new team members when requested, along with any other duties as required.
What you'll need:
* an interest and passion for art and interior design
* a creative flair
* an understanding of fabrics would be desirable
* the desire to learn new techniques and skills
* consistency and attention to detail
* the ability to multitask
* to enjoy working as part of a team and in an open plan environment
* to be able to take direction and feedback
* ideally you will have experience in a similar role
The customers' expectations must be at the forefront of all decision making ensuring we remain focused on delivering a service Porta Romana can be proud of.
Our office is based on the edge of the Surrey Hills in a beautiful rural location surrounded by wildlife therefore, it is essential that you are able to drive and have access to a vehicle.
This role is offered on a permanent basis and the working hours are Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week
Apply for Job