An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Media Coordinator to join our Student Activities team in supporting student media engagement at the University of Exeter.
Salary: Starting at, £19,019 per year
Hours: 36.5 per week, 46 weeks per year
Days: Monday - Friday
Location: Devonshire House, Streatham Campus, Exeter University
Please note this post is currently available with a mix of working on site for essential service delivery and remotely in-line with current government guidelines. The long-term vision is for this post is to be based on site.
The ideal Media Coordinator candidate will:
* Be able to demonstrate a passion for empowering student leaders to make change within the student community through content creation and independent journalism, ideally with experience in student media, or other media roles, either paid or voluntary.
* You must have strong self-management and people skills.
* You will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the role of media outlets in society, with a focus on the impact of student media if possible.
As the role is new to the Activities Team, it will be focused on reviewing current support mechanisms for media outlets, and co-creating solutions with the student journalists to develop and enhance the offering student media has for the wider student body.
For further information and details on how to apply please visit the Exeter Guild website.
Deadline for applications is 8am Monday, 19th October 2020, with interviews being held week commencing 26th October 2020.
We look forward to hearing from you.
The Students' Guild at the University of Exeter is the students' union, led by students for students. We represent over 21,000 students and enhance their unique journeys at the University of Exeter by:
* Developing leaders who transform the student experience
* Supporting and creating opportunities for students to lead activity to benefit others
* Ensuring the student voice is strong and impactful
* Delivering focused and relevant services
We are a democratic membership organisation, and all students at the University of Exeter are automatically members of the Guild. The Students' Guild sits at the heart of the student experience which encompasses representation, support services, student activities and volunteering. Our charitable purpose is the advancement of education of students at the University of Exeter for the public benefit.
We believe in championing equality for our students and are committed to ensuring our staff team reflects the diversity of the world and community we represent. We positively encourage applications from all individuals irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, ethnic background, sexuality, religious beliefs or disability
Apply for Job