Competitive + company benefits
* Aceville/DC Thomson Media
A fantastic opportunity for a bright, innovative Content Creator to collaborate on a broad range of lifestyle brands.
Love sculpting great content that hits exactly the right mark? Hungry for an opportunity that brings variety, creativity and growth potential? This one's for you.
Aceville Publications, part of DC Thomson Media, is seeking a dynamic Content Creator to work across the Special Projects hub, serving the entirety of the Aceville brand portfolio.
We're a leading UK publisher passionate about creating amazing experiences for our audiences. Our market-leading brands include Natural Health, Health & Wellbeing, Grow Your Own, the Teach group, Modern Home, The Crafts Channel and Crafts Beautiful.
We reach millions of engaged consumers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We're looking for someone who can create content that grabs every single one of them by the eyeballs. Interested? Read on.
What we're looking for...
* Creativity You're a versatile and accomplished content creator for both print and online, always seeking innovation and excellence.
* Enthusiasm Where there's a will, there's a way. You bring shed-loads of enthusiasm to everything you do.
* Passion You get enormous satisfaction from a job well done; only perfect will do - you're a nitpicker and proud of it. Seeing audiences soar and engagement skyrocket is what propels you forward.
* Reliability You always deliver and can be counted on to self-motivate and exceed your own goals.
* Curiosity It is essential that you have a passion for learning. We want the very best from you - take every opportunity and squeeze out every ounce of knowledge.
* Collaboration You're able to work with multiple departments to ensure the smooth and creative delivery of products and projects.
* Agility Nothing phases you. You're able to pivot between editorial, promotional and commercial tasks effortlessly, and react quickly to plans changing or priorities shifting. No two days are ever the same, and you wouldn't have it any other way.
* Research, write, collate and sign-off editorial, commercial and promotional content for the Special Projects hub, spanning various brands, platforms (print and digital) and briefs, to multiple deadlines
* Manage and drive the development of promotional magazine polybags
* Plan and direct photo shoots and video shoots, including sourcing products and styling, as required
* Commission and brief craft designers, experts and contributors
* Develop, grow and manage websites, e-newsletters and social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and LinkedIn
* Build and nurture relationships with PRs, contributors, advertisers and other external contacts
* Oversee and line manage junior staff and interns
* Represent the company in a professional manner at client meetings and shows
* Perform other tasks delegated by the Head of Editorial (Lifestyle) and Editor to support the team and wider departments, when required
Previous experience in consumer magazines, plus proven digital and social media expertise is essential. This role encompasses, but is not limited to, the craft, health, teach and home sectors.
What we'll do for you...
We pride ourselves on putting people first. This role is exposed to an incredible array of departments and upskilling opportunities, making progression easy for someone who is motivated to succeed. We'll work with you to develop and progress your career based on what you enjoy. Plus, as part of DC Thomson Media, we offer a competitive package of benefits to support your personal and professional development. This includes a healthcare cash plan, pension scheme and mental health support.
To apply, please send your CV, a covering letter outlining exactly why we should hire you, plus two examples of your work to the Editor of Special Projects Print Hub, Emma Cant
Apply for Job