Marketing Communications Manager
UK Theatre is the UK s leading theatre and performing arts membership organisation.
Our vision is to see a well-connected and well-supported theatre sector that is recognised as being at the heart of UK life, with thriving organisations, the world s greatest creative and managerial talent and ever larger and more diverse audiences.
We promote excellence, professional development and organisational and personal resilience.
We are currently looking for a Marketing Communications Manager to join us on a permanent, full-time basis, working 35 hours per week.
- Salary of £32,000 - £35,000 per annum, depending on experience
- 22 days' annual leave
Pension and other benefits - full details upon request.
This is an excellent opportunity for a marketing professional with experience of creating engaging comms and inspiring campaigns to join the UK s leading performing arts membership organisation.
You will contribute to growing and maintaining our membership, improving the resilience of the theatre sector and its workforce, and in the process, stretch your creativity and develop your skillset in new ways.
As a Marketing Communications Manager, you will be responsible for developing exciting content to increase engagement with our work through the promotion of our full programme of training and events, conferences and our large collection of policies, initiatives and resources.
Planning and delivering original marketing communications content, you will design the weekly members newsletter and promote our membership services to both existing and potential members through a variety of digital and social media platforms.
You will co-ordinate press releases and B2B announcements and support the Public Affairs team in research announcements and communication campaigns.
Additionally, you will:
- Assist in the development of our new website
- Ensure all website content is optimised and up to date
- Establish KPIs for monitoring impact of all marcoms activity
- Provide reporting on metrics of all activity
- Develop new approaches to member engagement
To be considered as the Marketing Communications Manager, you will need:
- Experience of drafting, editing, and publishing written communications
- Experience of using website Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Experience of writing and creating emails, and scheduling email-marketing campaigns
- Experience of creation for websites and social media, including written text, graphics and film and photo editing and subtitling
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, InDesign and Photoshop
- Knowledge of website and social media analytics and the ability to produce reports that communicate the meaning behind the data
- The ability to tailor verbal and written communication to suit different audiences
- The ability to use initiative, think creatively and solve problems
- Commitment to and understanding of issues relating to diversity and inclusion
Experience of social media platform management systems would be beneficial to your application, as would knowledge of video editing programmes. An understanding of UI (User Interface) and UX (User Experience) for websites would be advantageous, as would knowledge of key principles of data protection legislation (GDPR). Knowledge of the UK theatre industry is also preferable.
As there are a wide range of skills required for this new role, we are open to applications from people who can satisfy as many of the criteria in the job description as possible, and we would be happy to discuss training or support in any other areas as required.
There is a rolling deadline for this vacancy. Applications will be screened as and when received. Should we receive suitable candidates, this vacancy may be closed before the advertised date of Tuesday 30 August noon and therefore if you are interested in applying, please do so as soon as possible to avoid missing out on this opportunity.
Other organisations may call this role Marcomms Manager, Marketing Manager, Communications Manager, Digital Marketing Manager, or Marketing Campaign Manager.
Webrecruit and UK Theatre are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you re ready for this engaging opportunity as our Marketing Communications Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Apply for Job