- About the job
- Things you need to know
- Apply and further information
Darlington, LondonAbout the jobSummary
This is an exciting time to join the Department for International Trade (DIT). Our aim is to promote British trade and investment across the world which is vital for the prosperity of the UK. DIT brings together policy, promotion, and financial expertise to break down barriers to trade and investment in markets across the world to help businesses succeed. We are collaborative in how we work with each other, supporting one another and sharing our successes and challenges. All our staff, in the UK and overseas, are encouraged to embody our DIT Spirit: being expert, enterprising, engaged and inclusive.
The Executive Appointments and Talent team in HR is a team of exceptional, highly motivated people with customer service at the heart of our work. Our team is responsible for the fair, open and merit-based recruitment to our Senior Civil Service (SCS) roles, and for SCS talent programmes and talent management, ensuring our colleagues are well supported to develop in the range of exciting roles we have in DIT. Our team is committed to customer service and continuous improvement, and the purpose of this role will also be to identify and deliver innovative improvements to our recruitment and talent processes and systems. Job description
This is a great opportunity to join the Executive Appointments and Talent team. As a Senior Campaign Manager for Senior Civil Service (SCS) recruitment, you will lead the delivery of our bespoke recruitment service to our senior stakeholders. You will be part of the teams management team, overseeing a range of recruitment campaigns and continuous improvement projects. We work closely with the Civil Service Commission to ensure the department meets Commissioners principles of fair and open competition and recruitment based on merit.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the delivery of several continuous improvement projects and programmes, ranging from Diversity and Inclusion initiatives to talent development. You will contribute to DITs work on the Places for Growth programme. You will be responsible for the management of project resources and risks, escalating these as necessary to the the Head of Executive Appointments and Talent and other senior stakeholders
- Being part of the Executive Appointments and Talent Management Team, working with Team Leaders to ensure the SCS Recruitment function is running operationally day to day and that the outputs and focus are aligned with organisational needs and direction
- Leading several workstreams for SCS talent, including the commission of departmental talent assessments and moderations for Directors General and Directors
- Managing SCS recruitment campaigns, providing expert advice and guidance from start to end. You will provide an outstanding level of customer service to hiring managers, candidates, key stakeholders and core delivery partners
- Developing strong relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including the Civil Service Commission and our Shared Services Provider among others to ensure candidates receive an excellent recruitment and on-boarding experience. You will establish your reputation across the department as an expert that can be trusted to deliver successful outcomes within SCS recruitment
- Strive to model best practice in all that you do, role modelling the DIT Spirit and innovating wherever possible to improve our recruitment and talent processes and systems
- Line management of one or two HEO Executive Recruitment and Talent Managers
The role will be based in either London or Darlington. You will be asked to express a location preference during the application process.
Please be aware that this role can only be worked from within the UK and not overseas.
Informal hybrid working arrangements will be available as agreed with the vacancy manager and in line with the requirements of the role.
Most DIT employees will be working a hybrid pattern, spending 2-3 days a week (pro rata) inanoffice, on average. If your office location is London, you will be eligible to receive London weighting.
Appointments will be made to candidates in merit order based on location preferences. ResponsibilitiesEssential Criteria
- Ability to confidently engage with a variety of stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to organise your own work effectively, working to the timelines of our Recruitment Processes
- Evidence of being an excellent team player, working proactively to share information, help and support others, and motivate team members
- Experience of direct line management
- Experience of recruitment or managing talent processes or schemes
- Project management experience, including designing and implementing projects, managing risks and keeping stakeholders updated about progress of projects
Support in applying for our vacancies is available by joining a virtual Candidate Support Session . These sessions include helpful tips and advice on the recruitment process, from application to interview. Personal Attributes & Skills
We are looking for an individual who shares our commitment to customer service and takes pride in their work. Adaptable candidates, with some experience in management, will excel in this role. We are looking for an individual who is a confident communicator and comfortable dealing with a range of stakeholders, whilst working collaboratively across the team to deliver and improve our service.Behaviours
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Managing a Quality Service
- Delivering at Pace
- Working Together
Things you need to knowSecurity
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension
Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.
People working with government assets must complete basic personnel security standard checks.Selection process details
This vacancy is using Success Profiles , and will assess your Behaviours, Strengths and Experience.
We are closely monitoring the situation regarding the coronavirus, and will be following central Government advice as it is issued. There is therefore a risk that recruitment to this post may be subject to change at short notice. In addition, where appropriate, you may be invited to attend a video interview.
Please continue to follow the application process as normal and ensure that you check your emails regularly as all updates from us will be sent to you this way.
Sift will take place week commencing 08/08/2022.
Interviews will take place week commencing 15/08/2022.
As part of the application process you will be asked to complete a CV, behavioural statements, and a personal statement. Further details around what this will entail are listed on the application form.
Please align your CV with previous skills and experience. Maximum of 2 A4 pages
In your personal statement please describe how your skills and experience meet the criteria listed above. Maximum 500 words.
In the event that there is a high volume of applications, a short sift will be conducted based on CV only.
Existing Civil Servants and applicants from accredited NDPBs are eligible to apply, but will only be considered on loan basis (Civil Servants) or secondment (accredited NDPBs). Prior agreement to be released on a loan basis must be obtained before commencing the application process. In the case of Civil Servants, the terms of the loan will be agreed between the home and host department and the Civil Servant. This includes grade on return.
If successful and transferring from another Government Department a criminal record check may be carried out.
In order to process applications without delay, we will be sending a Criminal Record Check to Disclosure and Barring Service on your behalf. However, we recognise in exceptional circumstances some candidates will want to send their completed forms direct. If you will be doing this, please advise Government Recruitment Service of your intention by emailing stating the job reference number in the subject heading.
New entrants are expected to join on the minimum of the pay band.
Applicants who are successful at interview will be, as part of pre-employment screening, subject to a check on the Internal Fraud Database (IFD). This check will provide information about employees who have been dismissed for fraud or dishonesty offences. This check also applies to employees who resign or otherwise leave before being dismissed for fraud or dishonesty had their employment continued. Any applicants details held on the IFD will be refused employment.
A candidate is not eligible to apply for a role within the Civil Service if the application is made within a 5 year period following a dismissal for carrying out internal fraud against government.
The Department for International Trade embraces and values diversity in all forms. We welcome and pride ourselves on the positive impact diversity has on the work we do..... click apply for full job details
Apply for Job