Bonsucro is looking for a motivated, proactive individual who is interested in sustainability to support the development and execution of our flagship event, Bonsucro Global Week.
This could be a temporary to permanent opportunity for someone starting their career, returning to work in events, or changing careers with a passion for organising and events. This exciting opportunity will allow you to get your foot in the door with an organisation focused on making the sugarcane sector more sustainable.
Bonsucro is the global platform for sustainability in sugarcane. We work with people and organisations across the sugarcane supply chain, including small-scale farmers and some of the world s biggest brands. In October we will host the first Bonsucro Global Week since the pandemic.
The role will be varied and include writing and liaising with stakeholders, updating the website, developing marketing materials, and writing and editing copy. Your work will help raise Bonsucro s profile and reputation in the run-up to and at the event.
You will support the Communications and Events Manager to plan, implement and evaluate our event. You will also play a crucial role in maintaining internal systems, including Bonsucro websites and Salesforce.
Collectively, the communications team will raise Bonsucro s profile: growing our audience and reach on social media, building our media knowledge and relationships and providing members and stakeholders with helpful information.
We are looking for someone who is versatile and organised and has previous events and communications experience . Ideally, you will be a confident writer, able to understand technical information and translate it into accurate and engaging copy for multiple platforms. You take a proactive approach to coordinating multiple tasks and deadlines. You will be excited to learn more about the work of Bonsucro and contribute to engagement with stakeholders.
In return, you will get an insight into an international organisation, working at the cutting edge of sustainable sugarcane production and with a friendly, welcoming team. You may be invited to travel to Brazil to attend the event.
The job comes with the possibility to move to a permanent position, at a higher grade at the end of the contract.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
• Process online registration and responding to enquiries
• Create digital content for social media and emails to promote the event
• Support management of social media channels and our online community
• Write speaker and sessions profiles
•Programme production such as gathering speaker photos and biographies
• Logistics and planning for the event
• Liaising with external suppliers such as photographers, videographers
• Manage the delivery of event sponsorship packages
• Update the website
• Draft conference materials
• Organise data and mailing lists
• Develop the event app
• Coordinate administrative tasks such as managing entries in the Bonsucro Inspire Awards
• Provide internal updates about the event
• Exceptional organisation and time management skills
• Excellent English language skills (spoken and written)
• Ability to handle enquiries by email and phone
• Confidence in completing administrative and logistical tasks
• Familiarity with and prior use of graphic design software (e.g. Adobe CC)
• Proficient with IT-based and web systems (WordPress, Mailchimp and Salesforce are a plus)
• Ability to take initiative
• Prior experience organising events and/or webinars
• Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
• Affinity with social and environmental sustainability issues
• Good attention to detail
Other desirable criteria:
• Ability to speak either Spanish or Portuguese
• Familiarity with themes on sustainability
• Prior experience working in an international team
Reports to: Communication and Events Manager
Salary £22,000 - £26,000
Location London (Hybrid working)
Start date As soon as possible
Hours 35 hours a week
Contract: 5-month contract, with potential for a permanent role.
Apply for Job