Job Title - Communications Executive
Location - London - Home Working available but must be based within a commutable distance from London
Rates - £241.65 a day via LTD OR £210.99 a day via PAYE
In Scope of IR35
About the role/project:
To support the delivery of communications activities that are aligned to the corporate communications strategy and Network Rail's business goals.
- Create Email Newsletters covering Internal Staff Publications and External Passenger Communications
- Have input into the design process for Newsletters and Posters, using the inhouse design software or Adobe Creative Suite
- Support the delivery of communications programmes, working with colleagues and stakeholders across the route and wider business.
- Support the delivery of appropriate communication channels for the target audience.
- Research, draft and proofread communications content.
- Build a good understanding of the business and its audiences to help inform communications support.
- Understand relevant corporate communications guidelines and brand policies with a view to contributing to a consistent tone, style and design across Network Rail communications.
- Work collaboratively with the team and broader Communications department to deliver joined-up internal and external communications, supporting corporate-led communications activity as required.
- Experience in communications, either internal or external
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Experience creating Digital Content
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator etc)
- Experience writing for channels, either internal or external
- Good attention to detail
- Experience of working collaboratively to deliver
- Evidence of pursuing career development in communications
What you'll get in return
Network Rail (powered by Capita), understand what it is like to work as a contractor and do everything they can to make it a simple process for you - this includes a dedicated Onboarding and extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.
About our client - Network Rail
Network Rail is at the operational centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. We are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years we will be spending around £23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signalling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - Click apply now. You will then be directed to a Capita owned microsite that will assist you with your application. Once completed you will then be contacted by the relevant recruiter.
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply for Job