We are looking for someone who is passionate about web development to join our team. If you know you can build fantastic websites, write clean, beautiful code and can work well in a team then keep reading.
As part of a small, dedicated team you will share responsibility for all aspects of devising, building and maintaining websites for our clients. From complete site builds to configuring hosting environments, we want someone who is interested in making things work. We primarily use WordPress - because it's great - but we also incorporate a whole host of other CMS and frameworks into our projects, whatever is best for getting the job done.
Salary dependent on experience.
This role is available to all skill levels, we value potential as much as experience. As such we have split the job requirements into the minimum requirements, the skills we would expect for a more experienced developer (Bonus Points) and the things that would be nice to have, whatever your level.
- Passionate about code
- Able to interpret designs into fluid, responsive and dynamic websites
- Able learn code fast and adapt to new languages, frameworks, and methods of working
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to work well in a team
- The ability to manage your own workload, prioritising and juggling various jobs at a time
- At the moment we are working remotely, but once it is deemed entirely safe to return to work, you will be required to work from our Falmouth offices.
- Ability to build integrations with APIs
- Advanced skills with WordPress, WooCommerce, Gutenberg etc
- Above average PHP, competent ES6 or back-end development skills
- Experience setting up server environments and managing hosting
Nice to have
- At least 2 years experience working professionally as a developer
- Solid design sensibilities
- Knowledge or experience with interesting new programming paradigms
- Extensive knowledge of Shopify, Drupal or other popular CMS platforms
We're a small, closely knit team, so a positive, friendly and self-determined attitude is really important. If you are used to working in an agency environment you will know that it can be a high-pressure environment, so teamwork and an upbeat personality is a valuable asset.
We work very closely with our clients, and are focused on creating positive and meaningful relationships. You will deal directly with clients, you will collaborate with your peers and you will be working on live projects from day one - whatever your experience level.
We like to give our team the freedom to be creative and really flex their talents, and we support them in seeking out new training opportunities - if you're keen to keep learning and expand your range of skills, this could be the opportunity you're after.
So, if you live and breathe code, want to work somewhere you can have a real impact and love seeing projects through from start to finish, well… what are you waiting for?
At present our team is working from home, and it would be preferable for you to have the facility to do the same until it is deemed entirely safe to return to office environments. We will supply you with a computer to work on (Mac).
If you are unable to work from home we do have the facilities for you to come and work from our office in a safe environment.
After it is deemed safe to return to work, you will be required to work from our office in Falmouth.
The most important thing to us is that you are able to build great websites, and that you love to code. We want to see websites, apps, projects you've built. We'll consider any skill or experience level, as long as you can prove your ability or potential.
Send CVs, portfolios and links to things you've built by clicking APPLY NOW. We will be reviewing applications as they come in.
Due to Covid any interviews will initially we conducted over a video call, but we may require you to come into the office for onboarding (following workplace/social distancing Covid guidelines).
Apply for Job