Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
As a key member of Sky's PR team, you will help to drive our Product PR in the UK and deliver best in class work, as part of a small in-house team and with the support of a retained agency. You will lead on selected activity and support the Senior PR Manager/Head of PR on large scale campaigns.
Product areas covered by the role include TV (i.e. Sky Q and Sky Go), Mobile and Broadband. The role does not cover shows or content.
What you'll do:
- Work on priority PR campaigns for key Sky products (including Sky Q, Sky Broadband and Sky Mobile). Including activity as part of a team and managing individual aspects of an overall campaign (e.g. media relations, press events or creative executions).
- Build and enhance Sky's relationship with the media, including fostering key media contacts for the benefit of the team and business. Build your network and think innovatively based on the changing landscape of media.
- Develop strong relationship with agency partners to ensure they are delivering the best work for our business.
- Work closely with our agency partner on press office retainers for our key products, including attending internal working groups, developing PR strategies, drafting media materials to the highest standard, researching and fact checking information and coverage reporting.
- Event management including spokesperson briefings, press events and product launches.
- Support the team on reactive media enquiries and manage issues when required, including drafting statements, seeking internal sign off and collaborating closely with journalists.
What you'll bring:
- A passion for tech and TV.
- Demonstrable experience of working across a relevant business sector. Experience working on a TV, mobile or broadband account is not essential but would be useful.
- Experience in implementing effective PR campaigns and the ability to take initiative and work under pressure in a lively and fast-paced environment.
- Experience pitching to journalists, an instinct for what makes a story and building and maintaining key relationships, with a network of print, broadcast and online contacts.
- Strong understanding of the broader print, broadcast, online and social media landscape to find opportunities.
- An understanding of issues management, and the steps taken in a press office to respond.
- There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There's also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you'll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, So we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.
Apply for Job