We are looking for a French Translator to join our team on a Fix term contract basis. You will be part of a fun, lively, multilingual project team and work with peers and other departments to share ideas and suggestions. You will be responsible for ensuring that the French linguistic content within a yet-to-be-released video game is correctly localised into the French language and that the text is displayed correctly when seen in-game, while also detecting and reporting any linguistic flaws. We believe that team work is one of our strongest values which will help us achieve the highest quality possible.
Due to the Covid-19 outbreak in the UK, we are offering home based work at the moment, but as soon as the office reopen we will require the candidates to work from our office in Brentford, London.
What you'll be doing
- Identifying French grammar issues, misspelled words, missing punctuation, incorrect capitalisation and other punctuation language issues/errors.
- Looking for French inconsistencies in texts, inaccurate translations and making improvement suggestions when sentences or words sound unnatural. Finding and describing issues in English as well as in French.
- Analysing French text to identify and correct issues related to localisation and accurately providing detailed and complete reporting (and subsequent revision) of those errors or problems, whilst making suggestions for improvements.
- Tracking and ensuring consistency of in-game terminology between languages and researching to ensure authentic and accurate contextual use of language.
- Logging details of errors/issues found and providing critical analysis and concise feedback.
You will be working within an open and transparent global business that provides a dynamic and refreshingly positive environment for all. We offer a salary range of £18,000 - 19,000 per annum (dependent on experience) including 28 days holiday (pro rata), free breakfast and inclusion into a vibrant social calendar.
As we operate on a project by project basis, this role is offered on a 6 month fixed term contract with a strong possibility of an extension. We work 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm. Some flexibility for paid overtime may be required...... click apply for full job details
Apply for Job