Our client is looking to recruit an Editor in Chief to join their team in London. As Editor in Chief you will be a subject matter expert in all aspects of E-commerce and be well connected in this field with a particular focus on the US market. You will be required to build and deliver clear annual content marketing plans whilst providing strategic and operational leadership to the global business. To be successful in this role our client is looking for three main areas of expertise. 1) very strong understanding of the drivers of success for brands and retailers in E-commerce (2) the ability to select and amplify the content that will most effectively engage customers and (3) the skills to deliver outstanding thought leadership content that will make customers take notice of, engage with and buy from our clients business. Our client is committed to equal opportunities and we welcome applications from wide and diverse backgrounds.
Skills and experience required
- Overall responsibility for orchestrating and delivering written, audio and video content marketing.
- Refine and develop a clear tone of voice and editorial position for all content
- Build annual plans for all aspects of this content marketing and ensure their timely delivery.
- Work closely with the marketing team to target specific customer segments.
- Deliver content in all forms as is most effective; primarily written but also slide decks, webinars, videos and podcasts.
- Create a creative culture that is able to generate fresh and compelling ideas that drive audience and delegate engagement.
- Build strong relationships across the business to harvest, repackage and piggyback relevant existing content for content marketing purposes.
- Over time, build strong connections with the leading players in E-commerce to further drive content marketing - eg in interview format, content-sharing, partnerships.
- Represent the business as required to customers and in public.
- Manage the Writer/Copywriter/Analyst as required to deliver these goals.
- Proven editorial skills - written (essential), presenting (essential), video, podcasts
- Confident with data and analytics
- Strong subject matter knowledge, ideally from a global perspective
- Significant experience of planning and delivering demanding levels of high quality content
- Able to develop winning creative ideas
- Experience of working globally or across at least two major regions
- A strong network of industry contacts and the know-how to gain access to more
- The capability to speak the language of E-commerce
- The commercial savvy to find ways to meet our commercial goals without compromising editorial quality
- Problem solver and a self-starter - must be able to think on your feet and react calmly under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail - we strive to ensure that everything delivered is at a premium level
- Self-motivated - able to work independently and take responsibility for all aspects of the job in hand
- Flexible - must be willing to be involved with/lead on ad hoc projects beyond core role and willing and able to travel internationally as necessary
- Results-driven - generating ideas, but also seeing them through to completion and execution in a rigorous, data-driven, organised manner
- Our client is looking for someone who holds a bachelors degree, ideally a masters degree (or equivalent)
Apply for Job