Content Editor - BedfordshireLive
BedfordshireLive is coming to reboot and refresh digital journalism in Bedfordshire. The site will quickly become the trusted authority for local news in the county, bringing together stories from Luton to Leighton Buzzard, Biggleswade to Bedford and Sandy to Stotfold - all in one place. BedfordshireLive's digital storytelling will be ambitious, bold and brave, with the team driven by a love and knowledge of the county.
We're looking for a Content Editor to join us and be a part of building BedfordshireLive. We need a confident content editor with the ability to lead our teams of writers, wherever they are based, to deliver content and drive audiences across all communities in the area. Your role will be to manage content, develop our people and ensure audience and registration targets are delivered every month.
You'll work alongside a dedicated team who all share the same goal, making BedfordshireLive the go to news site in the area. We're looking for fresh ideas and new perspectives from people from a wide range of backgrounds, and we want you to lead our teams to deliver the stories you believe are important from our many communities. Here at Reach, we strongly believe in the benefits of flexible working, work/life balance and autonomy in our day to day jobs.
What will the role involve?
- You will lead the newsroom in producing content which engages readers and reaches as many people as possible
- You will look after the continued development of team members, supporting them to reach their full potential
- You will publish content online
- You will manage home pages and audience engagement channels (social, newsletters etc)
Who are we looking for?
- You will have a deep knowledge of media law and IPSO code of practice
- We want you to have a passion for digital storytelling in local communities
- You will have social media and SEO experience
- You will have strong knowledge of the local area, you'll know what matters to the people that live there
- You will be NCTJ qualified (or equivalent)
- A driving licence is preferable
So, who are we?
BedforshireLive is part of Reach plc. You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation...... click apply for full job details
Apply for Job