Assistant Night Editor - Daily Star
The Assistant Night Editor will work closely with the Night Editor to ensure responsibility for the final layout of the news and features pages across Daily Star.
This role will involve close liaison with a number of individuals, namely the Editor In Chief, Night Editor and the art desk so we're looking for a high level of professionalism as well as someone with excellent communication skills.
So, who are we?
Hello, we are Reach! You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too. Key Responsibilities
Assist the Night editor to ensure:
The Ideal Candidate
- Page layouts are engaging and in house style.
- Headlines are written with accuracy and are of an eye catching nature, utilising creativity and journalistic flair.
- Proof reading is completed with 100% accuracy.
- Tasks are completed in accordance with IPSO and legal requirements.
- Tasks are completed in line with budget requirements and set daily deadlines.
- Occasional sub editing, as and when required by the business.
- Sound judgement and initiative, with the ability to make critical decisions in a high pressure environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong understanding of news writing and story structure
- The ability to work well under pressure
- The ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively, with excellent diary management
- Previous experience in newspaper design, layout and copy-editing is required
- Previous experience working in a fast paced newsroom is required
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation...... click apply for full job details
Apply for Job