Content Editor - Liverpool Echo
Do you want to work with one of Britain's best-loved and most trusted news brands in one of the country's busiest and most vibrant (though currently virtual) newsrooms? The Liverpool Echo already has a large, loyal and engaged readership and now we're looking for a talented and creative content editor to help us step up to the next level.
We are looking for a journalist to help deliver high-standard, quality content which informs, inspires and indulges our audience. You will be working as part of the content desk team commissioning, managing, editing and publishing content across all our digital platforms.
This is a senior role on the newsdesk responsible for managing reporters and photographers. It involves some evening and weekend working as part of a rota.
What will the role involve?
- Commission, manage, edit, produce, publish and share the highest standard of content as part of a team
- Help lead newsrooms in producing content which engages readers and reaches as many people as possible
- Maintain editorial, ethical and legal standards across digital platforms
- Mentor and manage journalists in how to build contacts and tell stories in the most effective way and be comfortable giving feedback
- Be part of the team which manages the brand social channels ensuring they have an engaging and consistent voice. Be able to spot content opportunities through social.
- Manage the home page and app including monitoring site and social comments
- Use audience data, insights and analytics to help inform content decisions and planning
What are we looking for?
Content editors are senior members of the newsroom responsible for managing the news operation to a high standard. This is a role for an experienced journalist able to demonstrate strong content management skills and digital publishing knowledge as well as some experience of or potential for managing, leading and inspiring teams.
- A Reach plc or equivalent senior journalist qualification (or relevant time-served experience)
- Experience of content management
- Strong people management skills with the ability to lead, motivate and develop content teams
- Understanding of editorial strategy and brand values with strong digital storytelling and publishing skills or a willingness to learn
- Good understanding of audience engagement - or a willingness to learn
- An understanding of how to use analytics to inform content commissioning and production - or a willingness to learn
- Adaptable, flexible, creative and full of flair
- Up-to-date knowledge of media law and IPSO code
So, who are we?
Liverpool Echo is part of Reach plc. You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too. Here at Reach, we strongly believe in the benefits of flexible working, work/life balance and autonomy in our day to day jobs.
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation...... click apply for full job details
Apply for Job