Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Instagram is a global community of more than 1 billion, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact with people over the world. Instagram was built to connect people to the people and interests they love. Our platform has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them. We are seeking an experienced Communications Manager to join the EMEA team. This role involves working with international Facebook teams where we don't have dedicated Instagram staff to help them devise and activate Instagram activities in their countries. This person will also represent the EMEA team in planning and strategy with the global business and product communications team, and to help to localise and roll out global business and product news and campaigns. You should be passionate about Instagram with knowledge of the digital, marketing, consumer and tech industry, and creators landscape. You'll be experienced in developing and executing high-profile communications initiatives and campaigns across multiple markets, and handling complex press office issues. The ideal candidate needs to be creative, hard-working, be able to thrive in a demanding, fast-moving environment working with multiple international partners, and work on a number of projects simultaneously. They'll have an extensive experience of developing international campaigns and assets understanding what resonates with traditional and social media. This role requires excellent communication, influencing and writing skills. From building creative plans, to crafting responses to reactive issues, the ideal candidate is capable of articulating complex issues in an easy-to-digest manner. Strong organizational and management skills are both key to success in this role. This is a full-time position based in London, reporting to Instagram's Director of Communications for EMEA.
- Develop and deliver an international communications strategy and materials, and partner with local teams, to deliver proactive and positive Instagram communications campaigns with traditional and social platforms.
- Represent Instagram EMEA in strategy and execution discussions with global product and business teams to ensure our position is reflected in priorities, and that we have what we need to deliver our communications objectives.
- Respond, route and escalate incoming media requests from across EMEA.
- Work closely with the Instagram and Facebook communications team across multiple countries in EMEA and the US
- Work and consult regularly with cross-functional teams across the company, particularly with partnerships, marketing, policy, product and sales.
- Brief and train executives across EMEA.
- Minimum bachelor's degree or equivalent and the ability to apply relevant knowledge from this field to communications
- Professional experience in communications or public relations
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Experience working with international teams and developing and coordinating international strategies -
- Experience working with corporate, tech, lifestyle and business/marketing media and influencers and developing social campaigns to achieve communications goals
- Strong project management and decision-making skills
- Experience in briefing senior spokespeople
- Understanding of social media, and passion for Instagram and Facebook
- Competitive Salary including the following benefits apply: * Medical * Dental * Vision * Pension * Life assurance * Childcare * Gym * Transport * Laundry * Posted: 24/09/2020 * Closing date: 22/10/2020
Apply for Job