Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
The overall job purpose is to manage a team of multi-skilled staff to deliver access services to all clients in line with business expectations and Ofcom requirements and ensure productivity levels are maintained.
What you'll do:
- Leading the live subtitling team and producing live subtitles in lines with SLAs and Ofcom guidelines
- Respond to changes in the business and lead the Live Subtitling Team through these changes including forward planning and proactivity to create efficiencies.
- Manage and provide accurate and timely monthly reports, including but not limited to, productivity, live outages, overtime and freelance spend
- Manage PDP process for direct reports and oversee PDP process for the wider team. Oversee training including new staff and cross‑training of current staff.
What you'll bring:
- Experience of managing a multiskilled team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to live subtitle across all channels and events with an understanding of Ofcom requirements for Access Services.
- Experience of scheduling resources to provide operational cover as efficiently as possible. You should be able to have a track record of managing freelance and overtime budgets.
- Experience of conducting Professional Development Reviews, including setting SMART targets. Ability to develop staff to reach full potential through implementation of coaching and mentoring strategies.
- Experience of change management and of conducting HR processes for staff - capability reviews, disciplinary reviews, etc.
- Experience of automated work systems and how they benefit workflows
Group Product: We're the team behind the infamous Sky products line-up. From Sky+ to Sky Q. From hardware and software to intricate design. Could you help us turn an idea into the next big thing? As a team, we're collaborative, empowered and innovative - together, we're proud that everyone's favourite Sky products are #MadeByUs.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, So we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.
Apply for Job