Brand Trending Reporters x2 - YorkshireLive
Yorkshire Live is a force of nature, becoming the biggest and fastest growing website in God's Own Country within six months of launch. We are now looking to invest in that success. You will be joining a team that delivers quality news, entertainment and live content that is never boring and is committed to having a positive impact on the local communities we serve. We tackle issues without fear or favour but retain a humour and inclusive personality that befits our brilliant county. It's about our audience, not about us. We are Yorkshire!
We are looking for two Brand Trending Reporters who will work to ensure our titles are reaching as many people as possible with content reflecting the questions local people are asking. We're looking for fresh ideas and new perspectives from people from a wide range of backgrounds, and we want you to deliver the stories you believe are important from our many communities. Here at Reach, we strongly believe in the benefits of flexible working, work/life balance and autonomy in our day to day jobs.
What will the role involve?
The Ideal Candidate
- You will use search tools to research and understand the topics which people are searching for
- You will write content, with output driven by digital analytics and audience trends on search and social platforms
- You will monitor social media to spot and capitalise on content opportunities about locally trending news, data and information in a way that maximises audience engagement
- You will build communities online and in real life and, one published, share and engage with readers on those stories
Who are we looking for?
- You will have digital publishing skills and be confident working a CMS, shooting video and taking pictures
- You will be comfortable in video and photography editing
- You will definitely have a passion for digital storytelling in local journalism!
- You will have SEO skills, and a track record of building content plans around SEO
- You will be NCTJ qualified (or equivalent)
- A driving licence is preferable
So, who are we?
YorkshireLive is part of Reach plc. You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.Package Description
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- and lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation...... click apply for full job details
Apply for Job