PR Account Executive, up to £23K
Applications must be accompanied by a covering letter.
We are looking for an Account Executive with experience to join our busy, award-winning strategic communications consultancy based on the outskirts of Exeter. This will suit someone who is ambitious to forge a career in Public Relations and Professional Communications based in the South West of England
KOR is a specialist communications agency, working with clients in land, property and rural affairs across the South of England, so an interest in and basic understanding of these sectors is essential. From the outset, you will have the opportunity to work on some exciting and complex client accounts, rapidly developing your skills and, over time, taking on additional responsibilities.
As part of the core client team, you will provide support to the Account Managers with the delivery of PR and communications work across print and digital communications, so strong written skills and a desire to learn are a must. You will receive in-house training to improve and succeed in the responsibilities listed and, in time, there will be the opportunity to receive further training and qualifications through our professional association the CIPR .
This is a great opportunity for longer term career development and as you progress in your role, there will be an opportunity to grow within the company and take on more responsibilities including professional networking and industry events.
Your duties will include:
- Supporting the smooth running of the office and client accounts.
- Producing clear, accurate and engaging copy for social media channels, client websites, newsletters and for the media.
- Social media content monitoring and scheduling.
- Assisting the process of press release distribution and helping to pitch items to media as directed.
- Research and planning for news stories and working alongside managers to generate ideas for clients.
- Liaising with clients, media, suppliers and others - on the phone, via email and in person.
- Compiling databases and media distribution lists.
- Monitoring media for client coverage in-print and online.
- Supporting managers with monthly reporting and evaluation.
- Organising meetings, taking notes and assisting with the organisation of events.
- Excellent communication skills, including phone calls, email, personal and group contact.
- Outstanding organisational skills.
- Sound knowledge of social and digital media channels.
- Keen interest in news and current affairs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and strong computer skills.
- Full driving licence and your own vehicle as our office is not served by Public Transport. There is free car parking directly outside our offices.
- Experience of working within a PR agency or an in-house Marketing / PR team in our specialist sectors - employed or internship.
- Strong writing skills with experience in writing for media, social media, and websites.
- A degree or qualification in PR is not essential but experience and a can-do attitude is.
- You'll have studied English at A Level (grade B or above) and possibly one of the following; A Level History, Politics, Economics and/or Geography.
- Knowledge of communications tools/software (for example, social media scheduling tools, media monitoring software, Google Analytics, e-newsletter software).
- The person we're looking for enjoys following news and current affairs and would, for example, enjoy watching BBC Countryfile, as it covers many of the issues that are pertinent to our clients.
Our employees receive 20 days holiday + bank holidays and enjoy an extra day off on their birthday too. You will also be enrolled on the KOR pension scheme.
To apply, please email an application letter and copy of your CV to Guy Newman by clicking APPLY NOW.
The deadline for applications is noon on Monday 21 st September 2020. Initial interviews will take place via Zoom shortly after the deadline and shortlisted candidates will be then invited to attend a formal interview at our offices.
Apply for Job