When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
TACT Scotland are seeking Fostering Panel Members to support our efforts delivering excellent outcomes for the children in our care.
Up to 12 days per year (+ training days)
We are currently recruiting a number of new members for our Fostering Panel in Scotland. Specifically, we are looking for panel members with a background and knowledge of the following : education; health; the police force; probation; foster caring; and care experienced young people.
This is an exciting time to become involved with TACT and we believe there is no better organisation to be involved with for anyone passionate about Fostering. In line with our values, we expect fostering panel members to ensure that all decisions are made with regard to the interest of 'children in care', foster carers, and the community in which they live. Successful applicants will be responsible for the following Fostering Panel Member duties: -
- Reading the circulated papers carefully before the meeting and to attend the meeting prepared to raise issues and to contribute to the panel discussion.
- Participating in the making of a recommendations, on each case, drawing on both personal and professional knowledge and experience.
- To attend at least 75 per cent of meetings of the panel.
- To be prepared to attend additional panels if possible, if requested.
- To participate, with other panel members, in advising on policy and procedural matters as required.
- To address diversity issues and promote anti-discriminatory practice.
- To safeguard the confidentiality of all panel papers and panel discussions.
- To participate in panel induction and in panel training, which will be at least one day per year.
- To participate constructively in the annual review of their panel membership, if this is an agency requirement.
A Standard Disclosure Scotland check clearance is required for these roles. This check will be undertaken by TACT on your behalf. You will also be required to have professional membership of a relevant body if you are currently a practicing healthcare, social work or similarly qualified professional.
Closing Date : Sunday, 11th October 2020
Interview Date: Monday, 19th October 2020 via Microsoft Teams
TACT reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.
Safeguarding is everyone's business and TACT believe that only the people with the right skills and values should work in social work. As part of TACT's commitment to safeguarding, we properly examine the skills, experience, qualifications and values of potential staff in relation to our work with vulnerable young children. We use rigorous and consistent recruitment approaches to help safeguard TACT's young people. All our staff are expected to work in line with TACT's safeguarding policies.
TACT does not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them...... click apply for full job details
Apply for Job