AV Support Engineer required for my client based near Darlington for a permanent role, salary circa £30-32K + Company Vehicle / Car Allowance + Paid Travel + Overtime + Training + Benefits
My client are looking for a knowledgeable AV Support Engineer to join their team.
The position is 40 hours a week, with an opportunity for overtime.
You will be out on site at customers in the Midlands / North approximately 70% of the time, with the remainder of the time from working from home.
There is a cluster of clients situated in Darlington, York and Newcastle, so an Engineer around the Darlington area would be ideal.
You need to be able to reach various areas of the Midlands / North within 2 hours (as per SLA).
The majority of customers are in London, however there are others in various other locations including Kent, the South Coast, Berkshire and one in the South West.
You will be provided with a vehicle and fuel card, alternatively you can use your own vehicle and be given a car allowance of £300 p/m.
Following passing your probation, you will be placed onto the on call rota, 1 week in 5. For this you will receive £300 p/w. This is a 24/7 rota where although incidents are rare, you may be called out to attend serious incidents.
Responsibilities and experience:
- Proactive and reactive maintenance and support of Audio Visual and Video Conferencing installations for our client base in the UK
- Fault finding and resolution of Audio Visual and Video Conferencing problems in time sensitive, high pressure situations with our clients.
- Assisting the Installation Team new installations of Audio Visual and Video Conferencing solutions for customers between reactive service calls.
- Accurate completion of field service records and paperwork for customer service visits, to be returned in a timely fashion.
- Proactively building close working relationships with the customer portfolio.
- Identifying further sales opportunities with existing customers and ensure these opportunities are recorded and delivered to the appropriate internal teams.
- Ensure clear communication with the service team and other appropriate internal teams regarding all customer requirements.
- Be articulate, driven, positive with a can do will do attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in an autonomous environment
- Experience in installing and supporting Audio Visual and Video Conferencing solutions
- Flexible approach to working hours
- AMX/Crestron hardware/Software knowledge to a level where code can be uploaded/faults identified
- Knowledge of basic configurations of Cisco codecs
- Basic IT Network Knowledge
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting Polycom Codec and Sound structure equipment
Please apply ASAP for more information.
Apply for Job