Multi Media Director - Magazines
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to join one of the largest magazine and supplement hubs in the UK, reaching almost 3.5 million readers in print every week and over 2 million online.
We are looking for a Multi Media Director who will play an essential role creating must-read, exclusive, multi-platform content for celebrity brands OK!, New and OK.co.uk together with seven newspaper supplements - celebrity and lifestyle titles Notebook, S Mag, Love Sunday and TV Life and TV supplements Saturday, We Love TV and Hot TV.
As Multi Media Director you will lead, manage and build the newly created Multimedia Department in the Magazine and Supplement Hub. You'll work alongside the Editor in Chief and Deputy Editor in Chief to conceive and develop original ideas for video and photoshoots. You'll nurture and develop relationships with celebrities and agents by speaking to them directly to obtain the strongest multi platform content within budget.
What will the role involve?
- Building a multi skilled team, plan and manage all stages of production, including still and moving shooting schedules, ensuring both digital and print content is exclusive and of excellent quality
- Come up with new ideas for development, write treatments and scripts and produce strong, original content
- Originate, develop and produce unique video content for ok.co.uk and social platforms
- Delivering creative photo opportunities for all print magazines and ok.co.uk
- Growing the audience and engagement of ok.co.uk
- Using data and analytics to feedback into the production cycle and the content we produce
What are we looking for?
- You will have a track record of realising creative ideas from conception to reality within the constraints of limited resources and challenging deadlines
- You will have previously worked in a fast-paced newsroom or magazine and TV production
- You will be a passionate and creative manager with previous experience managing and leading a team
- It would be fantastic if you have excellent contacts within the industry and the ability to foster good relationships with talent and agents
- You will have an advanced grasp of production and post production processes, techniques and technology
So, who are we?
Our magazine and supplement hub is part of Reach plc. You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- and lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation...... click apply for full job details
Apply for Job