Sub Editor - Magazines
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to join one of the largest magazine and supplement hubs in the UK, reaching almost 3.5 million readers in print every week and over 2 million online.
We are looking for a Sub Editor who will play an essential role creating must-read, exclusive, multi-platform content for celebrity brands OK!, New and OK.co.uk together with seven newspaper supplements - celebrity and lifestyle titles Notebook, S Mag, Love Sunday and TV Life and TV supplements Saturday, We Love TV and Hot TV.
As Sub Editor you will support the Production Director in managing the restructured Production Department in the newly created Celebrity Magazine & Supplement Hub. You will ensure the smooth running of the Production Department and the workflow of all titles and ensure print deadlines are met and within budget.
What will the role involve?
- Delivering excellent quality journalism across all print titles in the Celebrity Magazine and Supplement hub, ensuring content sharing runs smoothly and to best effect
- Checking copy is factually and grammatically accurate as well as being easy and entertaining to read
- Writing captions for pages and ensuring the navigation around the page is easy to follow
- Rewriting copy, where necessary, to ensure it sings off the page
- Creating punchy headlines, stand firsts and pull quotes
What are we looking for?
- You will have previous experience working as a sub editor in a fast paced newsroom or magazine
- You will have excellent contacts within the industry
- As this is a fast paced role, you will need to be organised, efficient and have excellent attention to detail
So, who are we?
Our magazine and supplement hub is part of Reach plc. You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- Flexible working - we are open to full time or part time candidates for this role
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- and lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation...... click apply for full job details
Apply for Job