What is the job?
As a Senior Business Analyst here at Virgin Media you will work independently to determine and deliver expert business analysis activities and deliverables for large size and complex business change projects or programmes. The role will work closely with the business stakeholders in order to understand strategic business objectives and to support the delivery of solutions to meet business needs.
Our Team look to Senior Business Analysts to lead on the analysis across large programmes. You will have the ability to shape and scope programme governance as well plan and schedule resources. As a Senior Business Analyst you will be responsible for investigative work to determine business requirements and specify effective business processes. The role will help deliver change through improvements in information systems, information management, practices, procedures, and organisation change. The role also applies and monitors the use of required modelling and analysis tools, methods and standards, giving special consideration to business perspectives.
Some of the key accountabilities include:
- Full responsibility for the Business Analysis within a project, programme or work stream. The advice given and decisions made will have a material impact on the effective delivery of the project, programme or work stream
- Capture and gain agreement of the business goals and objectives driving the need for the project, programme or work stream
- Plan the analysis approach on a project, programme or work stream. Identify the deliverables needed and provide resource and milestone estimates
- Engage with senior stakeholders in relevant business areas to scope business needs and promote business analysis capability
- Accountable for the elicitation and analysis of complex high level and detailed requirements
- Produce requirements documentation to a high standard that meet stakeholder needs, using requirements modelling techniques as appropriate
- Manage the requirements throughout the project lifecycle; ensuring effective scope control and that solution compliance to requirements is tracked through to implementation
- Evaluate the financial, cultural, technological, organisational and environmental factors which must be addressed in the change projects, programmes or work streams
- Work with the Business Readiness Manager to identify the need for updates to existing processes or operating models and introduction of new business processes or operating models
Are you right for the role?
- Significant experience of business analysis in a multi-disciplined and commercial environment
- Successful delivery of complex business change projects from start up to implementation. Projects to have been sponsored by a range of different business functions
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge and practical experience with a variety of Business Analysis tools and techniques
- Experience of defining analysis approach on a project and planning the Business Analysis work stream including identification of tasks, estimating resources and milestones
- Excellent management of stakeholder relationships
- Proven strong communication and influencing skills
- Strong problem solving and conflict management techniques
- Demonstrable skills in presenting information effectively
- ISEB Business Analysis Diploma, IIBA Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP), IIBA Certificate of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA) or equivalent.
What we'll provide for you:
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of our most important teams where you will have a real effect on how we are able to deliver our services to our customers.
As well as this as a package we are offering:
Salary: Up to £55,000 (depending on experience).
Pension: Up to 20% (matched up to 10% employee, 10% employer)
Holiday: 25 days (plus your birthday and bank holidays on top!)
Other: Private Medical, Life Assurance, Dental, ability to buy/sell holiday and many more discounts across the Virgin Group.
What to do now?
If this sounds like a great next step in your career then click apply to send through your profile.
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we'll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world's biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK's digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here .
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They're pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We've put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!