We couldn't be more excited to write this job spec. That's because it's a once-in-a-lifetime chance to make your mark at a fast-paced digital scale-up. It's an opportunity to become a member of an ambitious marketing team for what we hope will become one of the world's most iconic brands (humble ambitions, we know). If that sounds exciting, read on…
Our company is building a marketplace of the world's best homes.
We are taking a systematic and data-driven approach to testing every single home on the planet and accepting only the top 1%. We do so by putting every home through a specific test: a rigorous selection process which uses a mix of algorithms and physical visits by hospitality experts.
We launched three years ago in London. Since then, we have grown at 15-20% month on month, expanded to six cities, vetted over 100,000 homes and are on track to reach over £25M in annualised sales. We are backed by an all-star cast investor group including Local Globe (TransferWise, OneFineStay, Citymapper), the Founder of Zoopla, the Founder of Love Film and the Founders of Secret Escapes as well as many more. At the end of 2017, we raised a £6M Series A round from world-class VCs Octopus Group and BGF and are currently in the process of closing our Series B round.
The next phase of our growth focuses on international roll-out, and developing the virality of our brand. This is where you come in.
We're looking for a bright and driven individual to join the brand marketing team. You will bring a much-needed digital marketer's skillset to a team that today indexes too high on 'soft brand'. The ideal candidate has at least one year of experience working in performance marketing, with a special focus on paid social. Working alongside our Creative Producer, and with support from the senior Brand & Marketing team lead, you will be tasked with creating the ultimate distribution network for our content: from running paid social campaigns to building affiliate networks.
Responsibilities. You will be working to optimise the following metrics, with support from the team:
- Reach of all amplified/boosted brand marketing campaigns across all paid, owned and earned channels
- Revenue and customer acquisition costs through brand (i.e. non PPC) channels - including Facebook paid, LinkedIn paid, Twitter paid, GDN, native, affiliate links and partnerships etc.
- Host acquisition costs through brand (i.e. non PPC) channels - including Facebook paid, LinkedIn paid, Twitter paid, GDN, native etc.
- Revenue and cost of sale across our retargeting channels - including Facebook paid, LinkedIn paid, Twitter paid, GDN, native, affiliate links and partnerships etc.
- Overall % of booking revenue driven by brand (i.e. non PPC) channels
Working alongside our Creative Producer, you will:
- Set up paid campaigns to 'boost' the reach of our brand content and creative to the right audience, driving awareness and ultimately sales
- Establish new digital channels - or grow existing ones - into scalable and cost-effective customer or host acquisition engines: from backlinks and affiliates to partnerships and native campaigns
- Create a super-efficient remarketing engine that makes the most of our brand-building and dynamic creative
- Manage tracking, dashboard upkeep and reporting of performance
- Proactively suggest initiatives and strategies to grow our audience and optimise the performance of the digital channel mix that the team owns
Who we are looking for
You don't need to have prior experience in tech start-ups. The important thing is that you are:
- Super ambitious with an unreasonably high standard for what is good enough.
- A fast thinker and a fast do-er.
- Have contributed to digital marketing campaigns that drove commercial results.
- Target driven and commercial: you're focused on your metrics and obsess about how to shift that KPI you're working on.
- Highly analytical: can deconstruct problems logically and solve them using data, insight and gut.
- Super entrepreneurial: You care about getting shit done. And when obstacles inevitably get in the way, you find a way around them. You believe success lies in the results, not in the ideas.
- A self-starter: confident teaching yourself to do things you have never done before. Daily.
- Good at multitasking and wearing many hats - from hustling to secure a guest blog spot for our Creative Producer to write on to using your analytical brain to optimise an ad campaign.
- You're speedy and efficient.
- You're a self-starter: confident teaching yourself to do things you have never done before. And you love getting shit done.
- You're a team player and a positive, motivating person to be around.
- An unparalleled opportunity to become an expert in digital marketing: not only will you have channels you 'own' yourself, but will be coached by some of the best.
- If you make your objectives happen, you will inevitably be one of the most sought out talents in the startup, hospitality and tech scenes.
- Be an early team member of what we believe will be one of the most famous startups of the next 10 years.
- Be part of a passionate, friendly and transparent culture.
- Competitive salary, based on level of experience