An exciting opportunity for an experienced event production professional with a minimum two to three years' event production experience to join this large b2b events and publishing company.
The event is the largest annual global gathering of this sector; it runs the world's biggest live design awards programme and sets agendas about the future of the built environment.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of producing event content, including features and fringe event development, preferably with a knowledge of architecture
- Possess or be able to quickly gain a high-level understanding of the market, identify the key names, most pressing issues and find the commercial angle.
- Ability to write effective copy for promotional materials and website that generates enquiries and bookings.
- Excellent project management skills.
- The ability to manage and communicate with multiple stakeholders to complete project deliverables on time and within budget.
Reporting to the Group Event Director and working with other key internal stakeholders, the Programme Manager will be responsible for project managing and driving high level content for events within the portfolio, inviting and managing the speaker acquisition for these events including new launches, to the realisation and fulfilment of the event.
Qualifications & Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Minimum 2-3 years event experience
- Content production experience within large scale events
- Budget management experience
- Experience in event project management
- Must be familiar with general computer use including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Skills & Competencies
- Organised & pays attention to detail.
- Research & analysis skills
- Good copywriting and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Experienced communicator who excels at stakeholder management
- Excellent multitasking skills
- Advanced numeracy skills
- Seeks out and utilises customer insight
- Advanced negotiation, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Good leadership and project management skills
- Teamwork and partnership
- Innovative and creative
- Demonstrates integrity, leadership and respect for a diversity of opinions and styles, and is not afraid of accountability and responsibility
- Comfortable with and an advocate for ongoing change
- Customer focussed
- Organised, tenacious and committed
- Deadline-driven and results orientated
- Can think 'outside the box'
- Creative and curious
- Trusted and well respected by their peers
- Flexible and helpful
- Self-motivated, self-sufficient and accountable
- Engaging, empathetic with an ability to challenge at senior levels
- Personal credibility/gravitas to command respect from the team/wider business and clients alike
- Positive and enthusiastic and engenders this in others
- Adapts well to and able to influence change - future focussed
- Remains calm and professional under pressure