Our client, based in Oldham, is the UK's leading designers, marketeers and distributors of a wide range of licensed and non-licensed toys. These properties include some of the most recognised household brands in the UK.
Whilst working closely with the Marketing Director and Marketing Manager to define the digital media plan, you'll negotiate, purchase and deliver digital campaigns across multiple channels including YouTube, Social Channels and Kids Media Networks. You will form good relationships with advertising sales agents to obtain the best price packages for advertisement placements, campaigns, or even media bundles.
As a key element of the marketing department, you will naturally possess a strong sense of ownership for meeting your deliverables - tracking performance to plan continually, leveraging contingencies where possible and naturally approaching your role with an entrepreneurial mind-set to ensure the business targets are achieved at all times.Main Responsibilities:
Media Buying / Planning
- Developing best in class digital media plans in partnership with wider brand marketing teams
- Work across multiple brands - you will partner with brand teams to understand the brand objectives. Support them during seasonal GTM execution
- Determine suitable media channels for each brand's market and audience and deciding how best to communicate to that audience
- Implement media campaigns across multiple channels, ranging from YouTube, Social Channels and Kids Media Networks such as SuperAwesome and Venatus Media.
- Manage commercial objectives across media spend, budgeting and forecasting
- Secure the best campaign ROI, bringing ideas to the table how to improve media performance and spend in order to elevate brand equity
- Liaising and building relationships with external media sales teams.
- Work in conjunction with key licensing partners such as Disney and Entertainment One to develop and execute media strategies.
- Negotiating to obtain the best rates and most appropriate media spaces in the digital arena
- Collecting and analysing sales and consumer data to make better media planning decisions in the future
- Provide post campaign reports to marketing team on a regular basis.
- Undertaking market research using a range of specialist media resources
- Be the social media expert to support the brand portfolio
- Define and implement group social media strategy across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube
- Work with brand managers (or agencies if required) for creation of content by brand
- Monitor and identify new, upcoming social platforms
- Implement blogger/influencer outreach campaigns to increase brand visibility and search presence
- Ensure consistent implementation of brand guidelines across all social channels
- Drive promotions with retail partners through social media channels
- Measure success of campaigns through development of analysing and reporting out where enhancements can be made
Qualifications and Experience:
- Understand the ecommerce requirements and manage the implementation of best practice across the group
- Work with teams to plan a direct e-marketing and e-commerce strategy
- Identify opportunities for site improvements and conversion rate optimisations enhancements that drive increases in revenue
- Implement changes to user journeys to improve basket conversion rates
- Use necessary tools to drive traffic to the Character Options website
- Degree in marketing, digital marketing, business or related field
- 3-5 years experience in digital marketing and/or media planning (previous media agency experience would be a plus)
- Combination of a strategic outlook with a hands-on approach
- Strong knowledge of social media including blogging, paid social advertising, digital and direct marketing
- Knowledge of social media tools and analytics
- Experience of ecommerce
- Excellent command of the English language with good understanding of language structure, grammar and tone of voice
- Understanding of SEO, PPC and CMS systems
- Experience in FMCG / retailer / B2C markets desirable
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills and a creative flair
- Customer/consumer focussed mentality
- Organised, confident and able to work well under pressure
- Flexible, adaptable and enthusiastic
- Knowledge of software packages - PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Very strong analytical skills, using data to make commercial decisions
- Independent thinker and pro-active problem solver
- Curious with great attention to detail
- Can work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders
If you are interested please apply online and attach a copy of your most up to date CV and contact details (telephone number & email address) as this is how we will contact you.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!