techUK represents the companies and technologies that are defining today the world that we will live in tomorrow. 900 companies are members of techUK. Collectively they employ more than 750,000 people, about half of all tech sector jobs in the UK. These companies range from leading FTSE 100 companies to new innovative start-ups. The majority of our members are small and medium sized businesses.
techUK is committed to helping its members grow, by:
- Developing markets.
- Developing relationships and networks.
- Reducing business costs.
- Reducing business risks.
Our aim is to help techUK members to develop their networks and markets and help reduce business cost and risk. The central government programme is an established and core techUK set of programmes.
We are looking for a talented and self-motivated individual to lead the creation, execution and delivery of our sponsorship annual plan and targets relating to our events and other techUK sponsorship opportunities.
As Events Sponsorship Manager you will be driving sponsorship/partnership revenues across a diverse portfolio of bespoke and exclusive events marketed directly to techUK members, stakeholders and partners. You will be managing and retaining key accounts and ensuring year on year that they return to the events.
You will be leading the development and execution of a partner sales strategy and will be required to report and deliver against this strategy.
You must be proactive in sourcing and managing current and potential partners, working alongside the Head of Events and in partnership with the event and/or programme managers.
- Generate and close new business opportunities including event sponsorship and exhibition stands ensuring annual budgets and targets are met/ exceeded.
- Maximize sponsorship sales revenue from existing client base.
- Build successful relationships with our client base.
- Deliver exceptional level of customer service and ensure positive customer experience.
- Lead generation.
- Work closely with the Head of Events to ensure all aspects of sponsorship campaigns are fulfilled.
- Attend industry events.
- Develop in depth knowledge of techUK members and the technology industry.
- Embrace the following techUK team values and attributes: pride, generosity, integrity, courage, respect.
- Understand the business goals and strategic plans of each event and how this both impacts and provides opportunity for your clients and prospective clients.
- Directly report to the Head of Events on business and personal development and on forecast and actual revenues.
- Develop leads with prospective clients and build an impressive network of industry contacts, with accurate forecasting both short and long term.
- Ensure KPIs are used in strategic planning, performance management and in managing sponsorship performance.
- Collaborate and communicate with relevant stake holders within the business to ensure effective delivery of proposals, whilst owning the sponsorship targets/ activity plan.
- Able to work towards achievement of value based financial targets.
- A self-starter; able to identify work that needs to be done and do it without required instruction.
- Courteous and professional - able to perform tasks at hand.
- Detail oriented- pays attention to detail regarding processes and extra attention to agreed sponsors and key stakeholder deliverables.
- Outstanding written and verbal ability to communicate; ability to present both internally and externally at C level.
- Proven team player - ability to work with a team and achieve daily, weekly and monthly goals.
- Ability to solve practical problems using reasoning skills.
- Ability to work with a large, diverse group of people.
- Desire to learn and seek new challenges.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Proven track record and relevant experience in similar role.
- Media or event sales experience.
- A proven track record of meeting and exceeding targets in the exhibition industry and highly target driven.
- Experience in sponsorship sales with demonstrable ability to reach out to all market opportunities.
- Demonstrable experience of developing and strengthening relationships with key decision makers.
- Experience in the development creation and delivery of sponsorship opportunities.
This is a full-time role based in techUK's London office.
This role profile is a guide to the work that is required but does not form part of any contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK prior to the commencement of employment.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact successful applicants. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful on this occasion.