Our client is a great company full of talented, dedicated, and creative people. They are an ambitious and ever growing organisation with a passion for quality content and storytelling.
Their newspapers, radio and digital products include some of the most powerful media brands in the world, reaching over 30 million people each week.
Licensing & Syndication, translates their editorial, photographic, video & brand content into further revenue streams, alongside their advertising streams. They're a diverse team of individuals, coming from a range of different backgrounds. They're an established and collaborative team with strong relationships with media owners, agencies & direct clients around the world.
• You will be driving monthly sales to achieve and exceed personal and team targets.
• You'll need to build strong relationships with clients through regular phone calls and face to face meetings.
• Cold call where appropriate to develop business opportunities.
• You'll want to develop innovative and original sales packages for your clients.
• You'll naturally develop strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders e.g. Contributors and Editorial departments to establish content rights and clearances.
• Preparation of term sheets and (in conjunction with legal) contracts.
• Work with the accounts and credit control teams to minimise bad debt.
• End to end administration of your own sales including preparation of term sheets,
• Preparation of contracts (with the legal team) and invoicing.
• Occasionally working a weekend shift and Bank Holidays on a rota basis.
About the Role and Responsibilities :
• They are hiring a commercially focused individual to work as a Sales Executive on the company Licensing team, selling content from their titles.
• As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for generating revenue by licensing pictures, text, audio and video to a variety of publishers and platforms.
• Tasked with growing revenue across a specific portfolio, you will need to demonstrate strong communications and sales skills along with an excellent knowledge of the media landscape.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience :
• Ideally, you'll have a strong understanding of copyright and content licensing but if not they can teach you!
• Good understanding of best practice and opportunities across the industry.
• Knowledge of the European media landscape preferred but not essential.
• You'll be experienced in contract negotiation.
• You'll have experience of working in content licensing for media organisations or photographic agencies or within business information sales.
• It would be great if you had a network of contacts across the European editorial industry.
• You will have worked within a sales focused environment.
• You'll be personable with excellent communication skills.
• Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise effectively.
• Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with customers and key stakeholders.
• Work under pressure to ensure customer deadlines are achieved
• You can demonstrate strong team working skills.
• Ideally a good understanding of Salesforce CRM software but not a prerequisite.
What do they offer?
? Competitive remuneration packages
? Lucrative bonus structure
? Subsidised gym membership
? Private healthcare
? Extensive & continual internal & external training and development opportunities
? Subsidised cafeteria
? Discounted book store
? Regular in-house speaker events