Dec 06, 2018
Westerham TN16, UK
B2B - Business Publishing
B2C - Consumer Publishing
Business Information - Intelligence
Conferences, Events & Exhibitions
Digital, Online & New Media
National & Regional Press
Outdoor & Out of Home
Television & Cinema
Our client creates and delivers highly specialised information through publishing, events, training, market intelligence and expertise, providing valuable knowledge to individuals, businesses and organisations worldwide.
The Company is looking for a proven business-to-business media sales individual with strong commercial background and a minimum of 2 years' relevant experience.
The successful candidate will be accountable for the sales targets on their brand. Expertise in print, digital and the events & conferences arena would be advantageous.
The main purpose of the role is to generate revenue through sales and bookings, whilst maintaining existing and developing new relationships with clients.
The candidate must be extremely pro-active and driven by success, individually and as a team.
Ideal candidates will have proven business to business media sales experience with expertise in print, digital and events & conferences.
You will be working on established b2b industry events aimed at the top third of the management pyramid communicating with C-suite/ senior level directors.
In line with the overall objectives set by the Commercial Directors you will embark on a sales campaign to achieve targets for your dedicated brand and associated events. This will be done through a combination of activities including use of the telephone, social media, face-to-face and converting incoming enquiries.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Identify and develop relationships with potential new clients by undertaking appropriate research and constantly acquiring industry knowledge
* Maintain and further develop our strong working relationships with our existing clients
* Achieve sales target(s) on each brand/event throughout the year and ensure that all deadlines are achieved
* Attendance at relevant exhibitions/conferences with international travel as required
* Ability to research your own prospects through LinkedIn and other online channels to build a comprehensive sales pipeline. Using our CRM system to enhance existing relationships and develop new ones.
* Maintaining and growing your knowledge of your market, clients and developments in the market sector
* Excellent communication and negotiation skills
* High attention to detail, flexibility and the ability to work under pressure to meet targets
* Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to motivate others in and outside the sales function
* Enthusiastic, driven and a 'can-do' attitude
* A commercial understanding and acumen, including monitoring competitor's activity
* Exceptional administration, interpersonal and organisational skills
* Well organised
* Results driven