A world leading technology media, data and marketing services company. They influence the most powerful tech buyers in the world — from business technologists to enthusiasts and everyone in between.Over the past 50 years, the company has grown into a multi-billion dollar company, reaching technology audiences in 97 countries
Reporting to the Publishing Director, the Head of Events Sales is responsible for the company events strategy and commercial performance.
Working closely with Sales, Events, Editorial, Marketing, Project Management and IDG Global Solutions the Event Sales Manager is expected to lead the sales effort for all company events and to ensure the provision of an industry-leading customer experience.
• Write and execute the Events sales and pricing strategy incorporating both Owned and Operated (sponsorship) and Custom events.
• Development of an inspiring articulation that clearly describes event management and delegate recruitment expertise.
• To develop industry-leading relationships with marketing and events contacts at both clients and agencies.
• Sales of the company events portfolio to both clients and agencies using a consultative style ensuring that all sales include a details statement of work clearly detailing objectives, criteria and deliverables alongside the company Events terms and conditions.
• Involvement in the events budgeting process and accountability for the commercial performance of Events.
• Responsibility for accurate forecasting against the monthly events income budget.
• Close working relationships with the Events Manager, Editorial, Marketing and Project Managers to ensure we respond to client briefs with clear deliverables, including venue, setup, catering, content, marketing, speakers and delegate recruitment.
• Support of the wider sales team when including event solutions in sales proposals and when required to accompany colleagues to sales meetings as the ‘events specialist’.
• The accurate negotiation and composition of all event sales contracts including deliverables, dependencies and profitable pricing.
• The ideation and development of new Owned and Operated and Custom event formats for the events portfolio.
• Requests customer feedback and communicates this back to all internal stakeholders to ensure constant improvement in both sales and management.
• Full aftersales management including strategy, planning, execution and post-event reporting.
• Share detailed event updates to ensure seamless communication of commercial opportunities and customer deliverables.
• Attendance at all sold events.