The role also includes day to day management of the Trading Account Directors, Managers and Planners; Supports the Management of the workload and performance of the Trading Team.
• Working under guidance from the Director of Commercial and Head of Trading and Head of Trading Operations
• Responsible for the management of trading performance, including SLAs.
• Day to day management of the Trading Team; Manages the workload and performance of the relevant Trading Account Directors, Managers and Planners.
• Oversees the application of the trading strategy, business rules, targeting and route to market strategies within the trading activity, working in close collaboration with the Trading Management Team.
• Day to day involvement in managing the relationship with Partners for all aspects of trading.
• Training and support for Partners in the use of trading platforms and processes to complete bookings.
• Liaison with Sales and Trading Management teams.
• Input to defining and overseeing implementation of the business trading strategy, including proposition and product management, service delivery and capability development.
• Oversight and initial escalation point for resolution of trading performance and issues resulting, including system performance, data integrity and governance, process optimisation.
• Ensuring compliance of trading to company and market strategy and expectations.
• Manages many high profile accounts spanning broad geographic areas, representing significant revenue and having diverse and complex needs.
• Negotiates sales terms with moderate discretion within policy guidelines.
• Has broad authority/opportunity to set and negotiate product/service terms.
• Plans trading approach and has input into colleagues' approaches; manages own and often others' resources
• Manages own time and that of others on key objectives
• Develops effective medium to long term project plans for own area.
• Challenges the status quo and looks for and removes (or reduce) constraints on getting things done effectively
• Promotes an agile approach and reduces ineffectiveness or inefficiency so that aims are achieved in the most successful way.
• Proactively works to improve the performance of the department and business
• Addresses complex issues or problems within the team/function in a timely manner
• Anticipates skills, knowledge and behaviours required of role and continuously seeks to learn and develop these
• Follows up on delegated work and collaborates across departments to ensure delivery on commitments
Communication and interpersonal skills
• Acts as a facilitator and mentor, encouraging dialogue between groups/ team members so that they understand the links between their ideas
• Gets to the root of what the groups/ team think or feel about an issue or plan and encourages others to work effectively with people with diverse styles and backgrounds
• A key technical contributor and leader
• Creates formal networks internally and externally, i.e. part of a formal industry network
• Explains/ presents complex ideas clearly and with passion
• Anticipates potential objections and prepares case accordingly; presenting ideas in a tactful and convincing manner
• Builds support for ideas through persuasion and consensus-building and intervenes in difficult situations to resolves disagreements and conflict with others constructively
• Negotiates effectively to achieve the desired outcome in complex situations
Thinking and Problem Solving
• Develops and refines innovative solutions to complex problems
• Develops and shares innovative approaches; considering the wider impact and implications for the business
• Makes timely and sound decisions regarding complex issues
• Influences strategy and goals in own area based on business needs and priorities in the medium to long term and translates these strategies into deliverable objectives and actions
• Ensures others understand the long-term implications of decisions
• Supports implementation of large scale change