As a senior sales exec, you are responsible for the account management of a variety of core and non-core clients, as well as for generating new business revenues across print, online and specials. You will be expected to work closely with the team, editorial and publishing, etc, to maximise revenue potential around print, online and specials. You will predominantly work client direct, however, you may be expected to work with some agencies, you will be expected to develop, maintain and build relationships by proactively servicing your clients, providing insight on new/existing products, our platforms, audiences and latest industry-specific insights. You will also be expected to take ownership of our online offerings and ensure that the team is working to increase online revenues.
• Maximise revenue from your business patch though volume and yield deals from your assigned clients, along with new products and revenue streams
• Liaise and work with your clients as their day-to-day contact here on the consumer media sales team, sharing brand and industry knowledge with them
• To account manage your clients to a senior level. Proactively servicing and developing strong relationships by keeping clients up to date with Haymarket initiatives and keeping yourself informed of any changes or developments of your clients’ business.
• Maintaining and updating your industry knowledge in order to be seen as an expert in the field by your clients
• Increase your client base by proactively seeking new clients from competitor media and your knowledge of the industry
• Generate incremental revenue through the proactive development of new and innovative solutions
• Achieve agreed levels of individual productivity set by the sales manager and monthly team/ individual KPIs
• Proactively seek briefs, conduct research, write and deliver proposals on time
• Actively propose & pitch online campaigns and creative opportunities.
• To manage the day to day running of our online elements, liaising with the team, editorial and publishing to ensure that online campaigns are consistently pitched and won.
• Regularly update all internal reporting and communications, including software such as Salesforce
• Be proficient and regularly use industry-wide tools such as Google Analytics, Visual DNA, Choices, TGI to enhance proposals with key insights
Experience:• Previous Media sales experience (including digital)
• Proactive attitude, an ability to work to tight deadlines with attention to detail
• Examples of selling solutions to clients, ideally cross-platform and online
• High degree of self-motivation, as well as being a positive team player
• UK driving license