Our Graduate CV tips will help you if you’re looking for graduate media jobs and want to impress the Media Sales Recruitment Agencies.
- After the obvious Full name, Address, Phone number, Email address, don't forget the precious opening Personal statement, which will always have to be tailored to the role you are applying to. Generic introductions will never help your application to the recruiter because they are just a waste of valuable space. Consciously try and answer the following questions: who you are, what can you offer, and what do you aim for in your career.
- You will also want to show efficiently your Core skills. For example:
Strong leadership skills
Confident communicator, negotiator and decision maker
Proven business and strategic planner
Thrives under pressure
Broad knowledge of account management and client expectation
Technically competent with extensive experience a variety of software systems and databases
- Employment history is generally not really strong in a Graduate CV and they may not all be relevant. If this is the case, feel free to be brief, explaining only your dates of employment, company name and job title, putting a few top line duties.
However, wherever possible, try and demonstrate your success in practical ways. Not only will they help quantify your output, they will also help validate your awareness of meeting targets/key responsibilities.
- In a Graduate CV, you want to focus on your Education. Write in reverse-chronological order, including your degree classification, A level/IB results and any other higher education diplomas.
University of Surrey
BSc (Hons) in Business Management
(2006 – 2009)
- Particular course modules you’ve undertaken may be relevant to a role or scheme you’re applying for and should be used to demonstrate your wider knowledge of the subject. e.g.:
Economics for business
When it comes to GCSEs, stating the number and general grades is fine, although most employers will ask for specific grades when it comes to Maths and English.
If you've found our Graduate CV tips useful and your Graduate CV is ready, upload here your CV, so that media sales recruitment agencies will find it easily while they're recruiting for graduate media jobs!