If you find appealing careers in an environment that provides great media sales training? Do you love rapid progression for bright people? Do you wish for an excellent salary package? If so, read on!
Media Sales Executives are right on the front line. Depending on the sector and media format, your role can vary. As a new media sales executive, you can probably expect to be focused on new business sales.
In B2B publishing/exhibitions, for example, this usually involves cold calling over the phone to speak to directors of the end-user company, trying to bypass the ad agency (beware: they don’t like this).
If you sell for B2C media or for the ever-developing new media, you are most likely still focused on winning new accounts. This could be via advertising/media agencies specialising in your area. It can also be from a department focused on your segment within the larger agencies.
If you are new to the job market and not looking to win new accounts, check the account manager job description. If you are capable of winning new business, you can earn excellent commissions. You will build sales skills very quickly, and move to senior sales positions fast.
The typical Responsibilities of a Media Sales Executive job description:
- Support the full range of Company’s products
- Support the full range of customised marketing services
- Deliver new business advertising revenue (digital and traditional)
- Offer strategic account management
- Establishing sales opportunities by networking, building relationships
- Establishing needs, conducting online demonstrations and closing deals
- Developing your client base through both established and new business opportunities
- Developing your understanding of the Company’s products, competitors and clients
- Maximising sales and revenue generation.
The General Requirements in a Media Sales Executive job description:
- Experience of working in a sales/client acquisition environment;
- Telesales/telemarketing experience of service based products
- Questioning, qualification & Active Listening
- A Graduate with a 2:1
- Strong presentation, negotiation and closing skills
- Highly developed business acumen
- Understanding the wider issues of the industry
- Identifying new revenue opportunities
- Maximising product potential
After a few years experience in a Sales Executive Role, it is possible to step up to Sales Manager position.
- Business Information,
- B2B Sales jobs,
- Outdoor advertising companies,
- B2C Sales,
- Event Marketing Jobs,
- Ambient Media,
- Newspaper advertising,
- Online Advertising Sales jobs,
- Radio Advertising
- TV & Cinema Advertising