Contract type: Permanent position
Salary: Based on experience
Location: SmileyWorld The Leathermarket, Lafone House, Unit 4.1, 11/13 Weston St, London SE1 3ER
Sponsored by the original Smiley Company, we are a non-profit, Community Interest Company (CIC) and 'Matchmaker for Good'- providing an innovative free social network and impact-driven events that tackle big issues in society by connecting people and organisations with the ability to solve problems with others that need solutions.
Our vision is a world where people, communities and organisations work hand-in-hand to find answers to current social and environmental problems. Our mission is to empower communities around the world to act on issues important to them by means of our technology and events Overview The platform has just 'soft-launched' in the UK and will be followed by other target EU countries and North American states in 2021, with an app to follow in December.
We're looking for a creative and enthusiastic chief editor to write positive news about everyday heroes and organisations doing good in their communities. The Chief editor will also be responsible for moderating panel discussions during our bi-monthly talks.
The job typically involves:
● reading press releases
● researching articles
● establishing and maintaining contacts
● interviewing sources
● writing, editing and submitting copy
● Moderating panel discussions
● liaising with editors, sub-editors, designers and photographers and PR agency
We are looking for someone having experience in interviewing speakers, moderating panel discussions and writing articles.
Essential Skills & requirements
Knowledge and experience Essential
• Degree level or with equivalent professional experience
• Minimum of five years experience in communications role and copywriting
• Experience in developing and managing external partnerships in the delivery of projects • Copywriting
• Portfolio of articles required
• Communications background degree and further relevant qualifications
Skills and competence Desirable
• Ability to organise and prioritise own workload with excellent communication skills both oral and written
• Self-led with an ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to find imaginative and practical solutions and make well-considered decisions
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, and ability to communicate with diverse audiences
• Flexible approach
• Knowledge of non-profit sector and want to make a difference
• Well-developed planning, risk and issue management and delivery skills
• Ability to engage and build effective relationships with stakeholders and quickly
Benefits: 25 days holiday and workplace pension To apply send your CV.
Apply for Job